To inspire, guide and support young people in their self-development and recognise their achievements.
• The Licensed Organisation will provide access to a comprehensive training programme for all staff and volunteers, covering all aspects of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award in which the individual may be involved.
• To Centres that are starting out, we offer support throughout Cheshire West and Chester, for schools, Higher Education Colleges and Youth Groups, to set up and run the Duke of Edinburgh Award in their Centre, no matter how many young people may be interested.
• We offer advice and assistance for promoting and working with eDofE to Centres who have been running The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award for many years and wish to keep update with changes to eDofE. Informing them of a range of resources and opportunities being offered for young people to plan their individual, creative programme and complete volunteering or skills activities.
• The Expeditions can be completed with the highly qualified Conway Centre staff as they provide young people with the opportunity to undertake this section of the Award in safe, adventurous surroundings. There is support from the LOtC office on planning educational trips and expeditions and submitting information through the Evolve system.
• A challenging and appropriate 5 day, residential adventurous activity will be provided by Edsential that will meet the criteria of the Gold DofE programme. This will provide young people with the opportunity to work with people they have not met before, this will take place either in Cheshire or North Wales. This will people the chance to step outside their comfort zone, gain new skills for life, enjoy new experiences and have fun.
• Edsential will recognise the achievements of the young people throughout the region, as they complete their Bronze, Silver or Gold Awards. The Awards will be approved and certificates and badges awarded at an Annual Presentation Evening.
We have ambitious plans for growth over the coming years and an increasing demand for young people to take part, as such there will be an even far greater demand on leaders and volunteers. Therefore we are able to offer with the support of the Regional Office a variety of courses to support the delivery of the different aspects of the DofE programme.
Further information about the Duke of Edinburgh Award can be found on their website here.
Our expeditions pages can be found here.