This course is designed to help staff to feel confident when dealing with health and safety issues in school PE. It aims to reduce the concerns that many staff have about the responsibilities and risks associated with teaching and managing an exciting PE programme, and encourages them to design challenging lessons, and know that they are safe.
The training will reflect the updates and new additions in the recently published Safe Practice: in Physical Education, Sport and Physical Activity 2016, and delegates will be helped to familiarise themselves with the new publication.
- Become familiar with the latest afPE publication Safe Practice: in Physical Education, Sport and Physical Activity 2016.
- Have a sound understanding of H & S principles in relation to planning and monitoring school PE and Sport
- Feel more confident in your teaching in the knowledge that you are applying key H & S principles
- Be able to appreciate the importance of knowing and applying policies and procedures in your school, and contribute towards developing these where required
- Enable students to recognise how they also play a part in taking responsibility for their own safety and ensure the safe inclusion of all pupils
- Be familiar with an approach to risk assessment in PE and sport in school.
Dates & Locations:
This course has multiple dates and locations available. Please click the ‘Dates and
Locations’ tab to view all dates and venues.