Edsential will consult with school staff to plan and deliver a programme delivered on a costal section of the Peninsular that directly links to the curriculum being delivered within the classroom.
Edsential staff will work with the school to plan and deliver sessions directly linked to the curriculum objectives.
All sessions will cover:
- Children managing their own risk.
- Coastal bushcraft including: shelter building, knot tying, and tool use
- Cooking outdoors
- Beach study
- Art – clay work
- Species identification, habitats and ecosystems
- Conservation and preservation
- Understanding how the tides work and what impact it has on the learners.
Beach School sessions:
- Take place in a beach or natural environment to support the development of a relationship between the learner and the natural world.
- Use a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for being, development and learning.
- Aim to promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners.
- Offer learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- Are run by qualified practitioners who continuously maintain and develop their professional practice.
We request that a school member of staff be present during all of our Beach School sessions.