For over 15 years, as the Appropriate Body for CWAC settings Edsential have supported schools and mentors, taking over 4,500 NQTs through their induction to achieving qualified teacher status. With the statutory Early Career Framework (September 2021), we are extending our proven track record as an Appropriate Body to all settings, regardless of local authority or independent advisory provision.
- Registration of the ECT with the Teacher Regulation Agency (TRA)
- A dedicated webpage for ECTs, induction tutors, mentors, and headteachers which provides useful resources on the key induction areas
- An annual Introductory briefing session, for induction tutors, mentors and ECTs to make sure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities
- Provision and scrutiny of all documentation for monitoring, supporting and recording of assessments against the Early Career Framework and Teaching Standards
- Management of ECT Induction Period through the school’s choice of either a Full Induction Programme, a Core Induction Programme or a School-based Programme*
- Provision of documentation for schools to detail their preferred programme of induction for the ECT, which may be subject to fidelity checks by Edsential
- A named contact for advice, guidance and support via telephone/email
- Advice and guidance on how to support an ECT who is at risk of failing or has become a cause for concern
- Reporting to TRA on progress and final outcome of the ECT two-year programme
- A range of CPD, learning and other events throughout the two-year programme (additional charges will apply)
- Online support through FAQs and Enquiry Form
- Regular email updates for key dates, networking and training provision*
*ECT Induction is provided through either a Full Induction Programme, a Core Induction Programme or a School-based Programme. The Department for Education have selected and quality assured Full Induction Training Providers: schools will need to detail which provider they are using and how the resources will be used with the ECT or alternatively, provide the appropriate body with the framework they have created.
Additional charges may apply.