What this course is about:
Course deliverers will draw attention to the revised school regulations and guidance for exclusions: ‘Exclusion from Maintained Schools, Academies and Pupil Referral Units in England,’ which came into force on 1st September 2012.
This is statutory guidance to which head teachers; governing boards; local authorities; academy trusts; independent review panel members, clerks and special educational needs experts must have regard to when carrying out their functions in relation to exclusions.
Governors who are called to review exclusions should receive training to equip them to discharge their duties properly.
Local Authority Officers from the Education Access Team will present this course.
Participants will learn:
• Importance of early intervention and the Schools responsibilities
• Alternatives to exclusion
• Knowledge of the legal framework
• Knowledge of the administrative process
• Understand the role of the LA within the process and future changes hinted in “The White Paper”
• Understand the procedures when required to consider an exclusion to enable governors to contribute with confidence
• Re-admission of permanently excluded pupils into new schools under the Fair Access Protocol.
please note: If you school has purchased the Governor Training and Development SLA you will be invoiced the reduced rate of £28 per delegate for this course. For further details click here
Westminster Community Primary School
Venue to be confirmed
The Whitby High School