This course will enable participants to further their understanding of:
- Enabling Musical Environments: the importance of music making in the Early Years and Key Stage 1
- Developing confidence in effective planning for musical activities and opportunities to ensure a progressive music curriculum from EYFS into KS1
- Using own topics to explore creative music with groups/classes, with reference to the new Model Music Curriculum
We will explore the music curriculum and how to make it work in your setting through practical activities designed for early years’ and key stage 1 pupils. The session will encourage nervous (terrified!) practitioners in writing and delivering the music curriculum, consider planning and delivering lessons and how to assess learning to ensure a progressive curriculum for your children. The aim is to end the day thinking, ‘Hooray! It’s Music next!’
- Enjoy practical music making to understand curriculum requirements
- Plan activities using the Edsential Music skills grid to understand progression in music
- Explore transition from EYFS Early Learning Goals, to the National Curriculum
- Be introduced to the new Model Music Curriculum
ECTs, NQTs and RQTs working in Wirral and Cheshire West and Chester settings are offered a 50% discount, funded by Edsential Musical Routes Music Education Hub: please contact email@example.com for your voucher code before you make your booking.
Please note if this is not entered when you book, you will be charged the full price.
08th February 2024
09:30 - 3:30pm
A550 Welsh Road
(Opposite Woodhey House Hotel, CH66 4PS)