What this course is about:
This course will offer key information for governors about school finance and will explain the role of the governors within financial accountability of their schools.
Taking into account the national funding context, the course will provide a wider understanding of budget planning in a maintained school in the current financial climate.
Participants will learn:
- To understand how decisions made by central and local government influence how much money your school receives.
- The current policies and regulations that govern school finance
- Proposed changes to school funding
- How a school’s budget is calculated and what are the main sources of funding for a school
- The role of a governor with regard to finance.
- How a school sets and monitors its budget and what role governors can play in this
- Key policies and tools available to help governors to carry out their responsibilities
Dates & Locations:
This course has multiple dates and locations available. Please click the ‘Dates and
Locations’ tab to view all dates and venues.