The new Statutory Guidance document “Supporting Pupils at Schools with Medical Conditions” was issued in April 2014 and comes into force 1st September 2014.
This course is fully consistent with the government’s guidance and compliant for schools, nurseries and is designed for staff and those directly responsible for the management of medications.
- Legal background and implications
- Implications of the 2010 Equality Act
- Implications of the revised EYFS
- Decisions about whether or not to give a child medication
- Storing medications
- Setting up and record keeping
- Children’s access to non-prescribed medications
- Understanding and minimising risk factors for children and staff
- School medication policy
- Writing care plans and parental consent
- Monitoring and reviewing situations of medication
To book onto our 1/2 day course, click here
Dates & Locations:
This course has multiple dates and locations available. Please click the ‘Dates and
Locations’ tab to view all dates and venues.