The new Statutory Guidance document “Supporting Pupils at Schools with Medical Conditions” was issued in April 2014 and comes into force 1st September 2014.
This course is fully consistent with the government’s guidance and compliant for schools, nurseries and is designed for staff and those directly responsible for the management of medications.
- Legal background and implications
- Implications of the 2010 Equality Act
- Implications of the revised EYFS
- Decisions about whether or not to give a child medication
- Storing medications
- Setting up and record keeping
- Children’s access to non-prescribed medications
- Understanding and minimising risk factors for children and staff
- School medication policy
- Writing care plans and parental consent
- Monitoring and reviewing situations of medication
- Delegates will be spaced apart. The venue is a covid secure environment and have strict procedures in place to ensure the safety of their customers.
- Risk assessments will be e-mailed to you once you have booked. We will ask that you respond via e-mail to confirm you have read and understand their content.
- Refreshments will not be available, and so we ask delegates to bring their own drink(s) with them to their practical session.
16th November 2020
9:00pm - 12:00pm
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel,