The Paediatric course meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework. It meets Ofsted requirements for those who work with younger children up to 8 years old.
The course covers how to deal with accidents and emergencies involving young children. There is no final assessment, however the candidate is assessed by the trainer during the course.
What you will learn:
- First Aid Guidelines & Regulations, including First Aid container contents
- Action at an emergency; dealing with the incident and making a diagnosis of a casualty
- Dealing with airway disorders i.e. asthma, choking, suffocation, drowning
- Resuscitation of adults, children & babies
- Wounds and bleeding – slight and severe blood loss
- Head injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Seizures and diabetic emergencies
- Poisoning, bites, stings and anaphylactic reactions
- Childhood conditions (e.g. measles, meningitis, croup)
- Delegates will have individual training packs with face shields, gloves, bandages and dressings.
- Delegates will be spaced apart and will work on a dummy. The venue is a covid secure environment and have strict procedures in place to ensure the safety of their customers.
- Delegates are provided with lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Dates & Locations:
This course has multiple dates and locations available. Please click the ‘Dates and
Locations’ tab to view all dates and venues.