What this course is about:
It became a statutory requirement on 01/01/10 that “at least one person involved in interviewing an applicant for a post of Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher, other teacher or member of the support staff has completed the safe recruitment training”.
This course is accredited by the Department for Education and is an alternative to the on-line Safer Recruitment training course; the course will conclude with a test on the information given. Completion of the course will lead to governors being awarded a certificate from the Children’s Workforce Development Council.
Participants will learn:
• How safer recruitment fits into the wider context of safeguarding;
• How abusers work within organisations and try to gain access to children;
• How governors can meet their statutory obligations for all staff during all the stages of the recruitment process;
• How to meet governors’ statutory obligations when working with volunteers agency supply staff and contractors;
• The opportunities that can be taken to set safer recruitment into a wider context of creating a culture of ongoing vigilance.
Best Western Forest Hills Hotel
Clare Mount Specialist Sports College