Snowsports England accredited course, designed to give ski trip group leaders the necessary skills to select an appropriate provider and organise a successful snow sports visit. It is recommended that all those leading snow sport visits complete this training. Most Local Authorities state compulsory attendance for Snowsport Leaders.
The course covers 4 key themes:
- Pre-visit preparation and post course debriefing
- Planning, permission, staffing, booking and selling the course, passports, insurance, currency, medical matters, fitness training, value of dry slope tuition, evaluation of total cost. Selecting: time of year, tour operator, country, resort, accommodation, travel
- Running A Ski Course
- Travel, First day. Fire precautions. Monitoring ski classes. Illness and injuries. Ski tests. Evening activities.
- Responsibilities and discipline.
- Clothing and Equipment
- Skis, poles, snowboards and boots: what to look for. Clothing: hire, buy, improvise. Outer clothing, Inner clothing, Ancillary items. Leader’s kit.
- Ski Safety
- Mountain hazards: cold, wind, precipitation, visibility, sun, altitude, rapid change. Ski Way Code. Accident avoidance.
- Accident procedure. Group control. Hazards of ‘free skiing’
All delegates receive the Snowsport England handbook and certified accreditation
13th October 2020
9:00am - 3:30pm